How to find property price comparables
Posted on 9th January 2023 at 14:05
There are a few different approaches you can take to find property price comparables in the UK:
1) Use online property portals: Websites like Zoopla, Rightmove, and OnTheMarket allow you to search for properties for sale or rent in a specific area and see what prices they are being advertised for. You can use this information to get an idea of what similar properties in the area are selling for.
2) Contact local estate agents: Estate agents in the area will have a good understanding of the local property market and may be able to provide you with information on recent sales of comparable properties.
3) Check Land Registry data: The Land Registry maintains a record of all property sales in England and Wales, including the sale price. You can search this data online to find out how much similar properties in the area have sold for.
4) Use a property valuation service: Companies like e.surv and Hometrack offer property valuation services that can give you an idea of what a property is worth based on comparable sales in the area.
5) Consider consulting a professional property valuer: If you need a more detailed and accurate valuation, you may want to consider consulting a professional property valuer. These professionals are trained to assess the value of a property based on a variety of factors, including location, condition, and local market conditions.
Share this post: